First, the list of top-25 all-time Cincinnati Bengals includes – not surprisingly – Dartmouth grad Reggie Williams '76.
Given the profile the writer paints of Williams, I might quibble about him being pegged at No. 20, but I'll venture a guess for why he's that low.
Why? Avoiding the appearance of favoritism.
The BR writer who pulled together the feature that includes Williams happens to be Kyle Battle '11. Battle, you may remember, is a former Dartmouth wide receiver who walked onto the team only to see an injury end his career just when it appeared he was headed for a breakthrough.
Among the nuggets Battle shares about Williams:
- He's No. 1 in team history for fumble recoveries
- He's No. 2 all-time in sacks
- He's No. 2 all-time in games played
- He's No. 3 all-time in consecutive games played
D'Agostino, who won the 5,000 last spring and the 3,000 and 5,000 national titles this winter indoors, runs at 8:05. Live results from D'Agostino's run can be found here.
- 15:07.64 – Fastest college 5,000 (2009)
- 15:11.35 – D'Agostino's time in the Mt. Sac Relays in April
- 15:15.08 – Fastest time in the NCAA Meet (2008)