Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Three-Star QB Commits To Dartmouth

Rivals three-star quarterback Nyk McKissic of Round Rock Stony Point High School in Texas has verbally committed to Dartmouth. From a Rivals.com story:
“I am planning on signing with Dartmouth,” McKissic said. “That’s where I plan on going. I’ve been talking to them since the football season, I guess since the middle of the season. I’m waiting on my whole admissions deal. I think I need to get one more point on my ACT.”

McKissic chose Dartmouth over some interest from a few mid-level programs like Toledo.

“A few schools talked to me about coming up for visits,” he said. “Toledo came by and had a home visit with me and (teammate) Kenny Browder. (Kenny) said he was going to stick with Wyoming and I decided to stick with Dartmouth.”
Listed at 6-foot-1, 194 pounds, McKissic completed 156-of-264 passes (59.1 percent) for 2,216 yards and 18 touchdowns with four interceptions last fall. He also rushed for 413 yards and nine touchdowns.

For a nice action shot of the QB, click here. ... For a scout.com critique of his performance at a Baylor University camp last summer, click here. From that report:
Of the QBs in attendance, Nyk McKissic of Stony Point emerged as the top signal caller on the day. McKissic throws a tight spiral with nice touch. He is a smart football player that really showed his coach ability during the zone read drills.
In a story about how the Stony Point coach helped turn the school into a power, the Austin American-Statesman quoted McKissic, who it reported lost his 37-year-old father in a car accident on Christmas 2006:
"This has been nothing short of amazing. Other guys weren't committed to the program. It was like picking the rotten apples from the bunch. People called us Stony Stepchild Point, saying we were the stepchild of Round Rock. They made us feel like we were a second-class program."
There's more information about McKissic in this American-Statesman story, which says he played the final eight games of the year with a broken leg, and in the comment section that follows the story.

No comments: