The folks at Versus are conducting a survey to assess interest in college football, which is of interest because this is one of the rare networks that actually realizes the Ivy League exists. I took the survey and it's painless. You can find it here.
Versus, you will recall, broadcast the rain-soaked Dartmouth game at Columbia last fall as par of a five-game Ivy League package.
A running back taunts the defense at the 5-yard line on the way in for a touchdown and the TD is disallowed? Dartmouth wearing its "all-green" ensemble next fall at Harvard while the Crimson wears its classic, uh, Crimson shirts and gold pants? Both could happen if the NCAA football rules committee has its way. Find a story here.
From the Things You Never Knew You Had To Worry About And Now You Don't department, the Daily Dartmouth writes that the NCAA says not to be concerned about VitaminWater containing banned substances. Well thanks.
More Early Decision recruits from sports not named football ...
- Ryan Alexander, G, Rockville Center, N.Y. (South Side)
- Frazier Cavness, A, Denver, Colo. (Kent Denver)
- Chris Costabile, A, Sykesville, Md. (Mt. St. Joseph)
- Nikki Dysenchuk, M, Darien, Conn. (Darien)
- Pat Flynn D, Mountain Lakes, N.J. (Mountain Lakes)
- Anthony Fulham, M, Buffalo, N.Y. (Canisius)*
- JP Gary, M, Mamaroneck, N.Y. (Rye Country Day)
- RC Willenbrock, M, Englewood, Colo. (Cherry Creek)*
- Courtney Bennett, M, Darien, Conn. (Darien)
- Hana Bowers, M, Old Greenwich, Conn. (Greenwich)
- Ellie Clayton, M, Hingham, Mass. (Thayer Academy)
- Casey Griffin, A, Hingham, Mass. (Noble and Greenough)
- Kyra Hansson, D, Wilton, Conn. (Wilton)
- Kelsey Johnson, M, Hingham, Mass. (Thayer Academy)
- Katharine Pujol, A, New Canaan, Conn. (Pillips Exeter)
- Julia Szafman, G, West Hartford, Conn. (William Hall)