Thursday, January 05, 2012

Bubbling Over



A time-lapse look at the bubble being erected at Harvard Stadium over a two-week period.

Ironically, the Ivy League's southernmost school also has a bubble. There's a story and picture in the Daily Pennsylvanian. The subhead from the story is, A 70,000-pound air structure was less expensive than building an indoor facility, which is true. But it's also true that there are pretty steep costs involved in erecting, taking down and storing the bubble each year. This link to a feasibility study for putting up a bubble at the University of Colorado is very interesting.

The Daily Dartmouth catches up on Nick Schwieger winning the "New England Heisman."

The East Hampton Press has a lengthy story about corner JB Andreassi's return from injury to have a successful senior season. From the story (which previously required a subscription to read but now is fully accessible):
“In high school, I was never banged up at all, so for those serious injuries to hit me like that it was demoralizing in a way. I couldn’t get out of bed, my Mom had to lift my leg for me. A shower was an hour ordeal. And when things like that are happening, you think you’re never going to be able to play again. But I had people around me who gave me the ability to believe in myself and I’m lucky that I had that.”

The Sun News writes about onetime Dartmouth assistant Joe Moglia settling into job at CCU with busy month ahead.

Six-foot-four Hanover High receiver Daniel Gorman, who has an application in at Dartmouth, has been chosen for the inaugural CHaD New Hampshire East-West High School All-Star Football Game to be played at the University of New Hampshire on June 23. The game benefits the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth. To see highlights of the local product. who learned just last year he is related to Dartmouth freshman running back Cody Patch, click here.

By the way, the Shrine Maple Sugar Bowl Game is returning to Dartmouth next August. Find an October story about that here.

Want to guess what is No.6 among the top 10 Winter Carnivals in the world according to National Geographic?

No comments: