Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Keep Your Fingers Crossed

By the time you read this we will be five hours down the road toward State College, Pa., for Accepted Students Day and the annual Blue-White Game at Beaver Stadium. (It hadn't really occurred to me until this week that Mrs. BGA is surrounded: Her father, her husband and now her son are all Penn Staters ;-)

But I digress. We are traveling in our beloved 1984 VW Westfalia poptop Vanagon, which we dropped off at the local foreign car experts a week ago to get a clean bill of health for the trip. We brought the "Westy" home Monday night – and had it towed back on Tuesday morning because whatever was happening with the back axle made it sound like we were driving a cement mixer. To their credit, the mechanics (apparently) figured out what was wrong and it's running just fine right now. But it is, after all, a 28-year-old vehicle and it's no exaggeration to say I'm not exactly mechanically inclined. So do keep your fingers crossed.

As long as the wifi at the KOA Kampground is working I'll try to have a blog up each morning and will be posting a BGA Premium story on the Dartmouth quarterback derby Thursday evening. I'll have a few more practice notes on Saturday and hope friends who might stop by practices will share a few tidbits I can add to the stories. How 'bout it?

We'll be back in the Upper Valley Sunday (as my Tennessee friend says, "Lord be willin' and the creek don't rise") and I'll recap the two practices Tuesday night.