Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring's Sprung

Dartmouth spring football practice kicks off this afternoon, probably to the relief of team members who just finished the kind of "mat drills" shown in this video:




As those of you who have been with Big Green Alert for part or all of the first seven years should know by now, despite what my kids think I'm not exactly a computer geek. In an effort to make the process of producing and delivering your daily football fix more efficient, I am using the spring to try out a couple of different approaches, starting tonight.

I know changing anything like this can be a bit annoying on your end, but please bear with me because it will make the transition more efficient come early August when things get serious.

With that fine print out of the way, as of today you will find the "lede" to spring practice reports up there at the top of the blog, just below the banner. This is the first place subscribers should come so bookmark this page if you haven't already.

When you click on the "continue reading" link it will ask you to sign in while taking you to a listing of all of this spring's stories, with the latest at the top. Just click the heading for the story you want to read and voilĂ .

At the end of each practice story there will be links for the "< previous" and "next >" stories. Or you can scroll back to the top of the page and click on "Stories" to bring up the full listing.

By August I hope to have an automated "forgot password?" link and other improvements built into BGA, but we'll see. As always, this is a shoestring operation and I'm getting help where I can.

One final note. The biggest headache remaining this spring (that I know of) is the fact that the Google Chrome browser will not allow users to sign on. If Chrome is your only browser, email me and I'll do what I can to help you out in another way.