Tuesday, November 19, 2013

AD Sheehy: I Have Seen Progress

As noted on BGA Premium yesterday, Buddy Teevens will be back as Dartmouth head coach next  year. Details are scarce but a brief story in the Valley News quotes Athletic Director Harry Sheehy:
"I have seen progress in how our team has reacted to adversity, and I think there is good potential there for that to continue. Sure, I'd like to be farther along. We are a field goal away from playing for the Ivy League title on Saturday, but I've seen growth and I'd like to help Buddy continue that in any way I can."
Senior linebacker Michael Runger is the Ivy League's co-Defensive Player of the Week and freshman kicker Alex Gakenheimer has been chosen both the Rookie of the Week and the Special Teams Player of the Week. Find a story here.
Princeton coach Bob Surace on the Princeton Football blog:
"Dartmouth has lost four games (two in the conference) through some of the unluckiest things I have ever seen.  They played Harvard at Harvard better than we did.”
A telling note from the same posting:
Di Andre Atwater, injured during the second quarter Saturday, was cleared to return to the game but was held out as a precaution. Tigers leading rusher should be ready to go at Dartmouth Saturday, meaning the entire starting lineup for Game One is still healthy for Game 10, how championships usually are won.
Things are getting ugly down at Columbia where former Lions' great Des Werthman wrote a letter to the school athletic director that includes this:
So, I am requesting that I no longer be a member of the Columbia Hall of Fame and any and all records I hold at Columbia be stricken from the record books.  Please take down whatever plaque or description you have of me and no longer print any of the records I hold in any of the programs going forward.
Werthman's full letter can be read here.
Teams of local interest in this week's poll by The Sports Network:
4. Maine
12. Fordham
17. Lehigh
21. UNH
22. Princeton
29. Harvard
34. Sacred Heart
Teams of local interest in the FCS Coaches poll:
4. Maine
11. Fordham
15. Lehigh
19. Princeton
24. UNH
26. Harvard
31. Sacred Heart
The Lambert Meadowlands FCS Poll for "Eastern supremacy:"
1. Maine
2. Towson
3. Fordham
4. Princeton
5. Lehigh
6. Harvard
7. William & Mary
8. UNH
9. Delaware
10. Villanova

Watch and cheer . . .