Thursday, February 06, 2014

Raring To Go

The Chicago Sun-Times' High School Cube News has a story on Dartmouth-bound Porter Ontko and Benet Academy teammate Nick Surges, who is headed to Columbia. The story details the interest Ontko was receiving from FBS schools that evaporated after he tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee early last season.

Ontko, quoted in the story:
“Before the injury I had a lot of schools interested and they dropped out. It’s been great motivation. I just took it in stride and I’m really excited at the prospect of getting to prove myself all over again. It was tough, what happened, but it’s a business and I know it takes a lot to perform at the next level.”
The story says his rehab is ahead of schedule and he's expecting to be ready for next season. Ontko is listed as a safety by one recruiting site but can also play running back.

Columbia recruit Surges is a linebacker.