•The Friends of Dartmouth Football has announced the fourth annual Dartmouth's In Town Again series in which football coach Buddy Teevens "will talk about Spring Practice, this year's recruiting class, program updates and (offer) a "what-to-look-for" preview of the upcoming season."
For more details, click here.
- Monday, May 5 - Portland, Ore., Trader Vic's, 5-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 7 - San Francisco, M.Y. China, 6-8 p.m.
- Friday, May 9 - San Diego, private residence, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Saturday, May 10 - Dallas, private residence, 6-8 p.m.
- Monday, May 12 - Houston, Cadillac Bar, 6-9 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 14 - Santa Clara, Calif., Levi's Stadium Preview Center, 6-8 p.m.
- Friday, May 16 - Minneapolis, Edina Country Club, 6-9 p.m.
- Saturday, May 17 - Chicago, private residence, 6-8 p.m.
- Monday, May 19 - St. Louis, Rams Park, 5-7 p.m.
Speaking of Rams Park . . .
Today's Google News search again strangely turned up a throwback Dartmouth football story, this one from the undefeated 1996 team's win at Fordham. LINK
The writer of the story? Kevin Demoff '99, today the executive vice president of football operations and chief operating officer of the St. Louis Rams.
•Four more Dartmouth coaching positions have been endowed thanks to alumni gifts totaling $7 million.
Men's hockey, men's heavyweight rowing, women's rowing and women's alpine skiing join football, men's track and field, women's track and field, men's and women's squash, men's golf and women's golf in addition to strength and conditioning as being endowed positions. Click here to read more.
•Kudos to the Dartmouth softball team, which took on a Harvard squad that was undefeated in the Ivy League until last weekend and proceeded to win three of four games to clinch the North Division championship. LINK
With yesterday's 8-2 and 9-2 wins the Big Green will host the best-of-three Ivy League Championship Series Saturday and Sunday against Penn. Last year Dartmouth fell to Penn in three games to come up just short of its first Ivy League championship and a bid to the NCAA's.
•Needing a sweep to force a playoff with Yale for the Red Rolfe Division title, Dartmouth baseball plays two at Harvard this afternoon. Should the Big Green take both games it will host the Bulldogs in a one-game playoff for the crown and the right to go to the ILCS. Dartmouth has appeared in the championship series each of the last six years.
•Dartmouth football holds the 10th of 12 spring practices this afternoon on Memorial Field and as always, you will be able to find a full wrap-up of the session tonight on BGA Premium.