Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Catching Up With 2 QBs


NFL Draft Diamonds, which describes itself as, "An NFL Draft website specializing in Small School Football Players," has a Q&A with Dartmouth quarterback Dalyn Williams that includes this from the former Big Green standout:
"I think my play is most comparable to that of Russell Wilson. We have similar builds and while we both use our athleticism to extend plays, when necessary we can take off to gain necessary yards." 
And this . . .
"My will to win, love for the game, escapability, ability to throw on the run, running ability, ability to make difficult throws and deep ball accuracy separate me on the football field from my peers. "
Find the full Draft Diamonds interview here.
Mrs. BGA and I went to the movies last night to see The Finest Hours, the story of the Coast Guard rescue of crewmen from an oil tanker that broke up during a blizzard off Cape Cod in 1952. It was a so-so flick but as usual we hung around to scan the credits, to see who played who, and to find out where the movie was filmed.

It wasn't until then that I noticed a familiar name. Playing the role of Donald Bangs was . . . wait for it . . . former Dartmouth quarterback Ben Koldyke '91, who earned an Ivy League championship ring in 1990.


Koldyke has a long line of TV and movie credits on his IMDB page (screen grab below).