Monday, July 18, 2016

Are 'You' Surprised?

College Sports Journal has continued its Ivy League preview series with something of a surprise.

The well-researched, well-written site has picked Dartmouth fifth in this year's conference race. The preview series is built around quick entrees:
Biggest Strength in 2016
Biggest Challenge In 2016
Biggest Departures
Players To Watch
Biggest Game
Rose-Colored Glasses Say
Glass Half Empty Says
Dartmouth In Two Sentences
CSJ's predictions to date:
5. Dartmouth
6. Brown
7. Columbia
8. Cornell
Find a link to the CSJ picks and join the discussion HERE.

Green Alert Take: Seeing Dartmouth picked to finish behind Harvard, Penn, Princeton and Yale (in an order still to be revealed ;-) really did catch me by surprise. I'd be shocked to see anyone pick the Big Green lower, and frankly, I don't expect to see many prognosticators choosing Dartmouth to finish this far down in the rankings.
Click photo to enlarge.
Counselors including Dartmouth sophomore Bruce Dixon IV (sleeveless shirt) watch a couple of MVPs at this summer's Manning Passing Academy. Throwing the ball is two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning. Standing guard is Dartmouth's MVP, the Mobile Virtual Player. 

A reminder that sign-ups for BGA Premium have begun.

Much, much better business minds than mine have suggested yet again that this BGA Daily site be moved behind the paywall – and that I raise the rates that have remained the same almost from the start – but I want to reach as many people as I can. So I stubbornly decided to keep doing things the way I've been doing them for 12 years.

Thanks to everyone who has already signed up. It's fun to hear from those of you who took a chance on me in the first year and have kept coming back ever since. It means a lot to me when former players sign up after graduating, and it is extremely special when families of former players continue to support BGA. Thanks as well to families of incoming players who I'm starting to hear from. Without all of you and the loyal alums – from as far back as the late 1940s if you can believe it – I couldn't continue to do this!

Again, visit BGA Premium to sign up. And a friendly reminder: If you are a returning subscriber, you do NOT have to pick a username or password. All you have to do is send along a check or PayPal and I'll make sure your membership stays active.

Daily coverage on BGA Premium will begin Aug. 16 with the first of a series of comprehensive opponent previews. There will be full stories on the site every day, seven days a week, through Game 10 at Princeton.