Sunday, July 03, 2016

Catching Up With Brad Jefferson

Click graphic to enlarge.
It's always fun to see what former players are doing and an email last week led to checking the whereabouts of former All-Ivy League corner Brad Jefferson '98, a member of the undefeated 1996 Ivy League champions who had 62 tackles and four interceptions (one he returned 67 yards) as a senior. Today he is chief executive of Animoto, a video slide show service based in New York City with 

Check out a video Day in the Life of Animoto CEO Brad Jefferson:


The 2014 New York Times had a Q&A with Brad HERE. Asked about leadership roles he fulfilled when he was younger, Jefferson answered:
I played sports from the earliest days, and in high school I was the quarterback and captain of the football team. I was also the senior class president. But at different stages of my life, I didn’t want as much of the spotlight. In college, I was a defensive back and I just wanted to focus on playing that position as best as I possibly could.
Rob Talley, who rose to defensive coordinator during eight years on John Lyons' Dartmouth coaching staff and most recently was head football coach at DII Stonehill College, is the subject of a story in  California's Chico Enterprise-Record about his new role as director of development for athletics at Chico State. Talley spent two years as a special assistant with the San Francisco 49ers and the move brings his young family back to the area where his wife grew up. He told the Chico paper:
“I always knew I would transition out of coaching. It was more a matter of what I would transition to. I’ve done a lot of fundraising over the last nine years and it has become something I enjoy doing. This is an ideal situation because I’m staying in collegiate athletics and doing something I have really grown to love doing.”