Saturday, December 10, 2016

Saturday Stuff

Click to enlarge.
As the Dartmouth beat writer at the local daily for many years I had a Heisman Trophy vote. I was a little surprised that I kept the vote after moving over to BGA but maybe it shouldn't have been such a surprise given the decline of newspapers and the rise of the electronic media.
I've shared this story before but it's worth repeating. My grandfather, who grew up in Nevada, came East and graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy. I remember being told that late in life he would turn off his hearing aid when Navy was losing to Army. My father also was a Navy man, and so I grew up always rooting for Navy in one of the best games of the year. All of which makes it hard to do this, but once again I'll be rooting for Army today. Fourteen consecutive losses is simply too many.