Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Signing Day, Signing Off?

QB Derek Kyler, 6-1, 180, KeKalb HS/DeKalb, Ill.
LB/S Mac Battle, 6-1, 195, Hazel Green HS/Hazel Green, Ala.
Another talented prospect who at one time had SEC offers did not sign, and is still on the table. From a story in The State on three-star receiver Austin Connor:
“I would say take all your visits early and find out the best place to call home,” said Connor, who carries a 4.3 GPA. “I took too long. I didn’t know much and how fast paced dealing with ACC and SEC (schools) during this would be. I thought I could wait until Signing Day but a lot of receivers committed quickly.”
And this:
The receiver said he is hearing from Marshall and has three official visits left. He visited Dartmouth, where former Dutch Fork teammate Cole Douglas plays, in January but has his sights on a bigger school.