Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Phooey

The view southeast from Moose Mountain's South Peak at 6 a.m. (Click to enlarge)
The best laid plans o' mice an' men gang aft agley.

With a ton of work to do in the next two weeks the idea these days is to get up each morning at 5:15 and finish my hike up Moose Mountain by 7:15 or so, weather permitting. There's just no way I can do my usual afternoon hike.

I actually got down off the peak this morning by 7, eager to grab a quick shower and dig into the day's work.

Unfortunately, the power went out literally seconds before I popped back through the door. As those of you who have wells know, that meant no shower. It meant no internet. And that meant no work.

I needed to be home until 10 a.m. to welcome old friend Nala, who we are dogsitting for, so I used some wipes to clean off the mud from my hike and baby powder to clean off eau de trail, welcomed our house guest, and hurried the eight miles down into town to use the internet.

All that is by way of saying I'm four hours behind on my to-do list so I don't have time to dig anything up for you today other than what I think is a pretty nice snap I took from the peak around 6:15 this morning. It's Goose Pond that is creating the clouds and the tallest peak on the left is Cardigan Mountain, a fabulous day hike when you are in the area.

Now I've got to do something that actually pays . . .