Saturday, July 29, 2017

Saturday Stuff

The Southington (Conn.) Observer has a lengthy story about former Dartmouth lineman Gerry LaMontagne '66 as part of its Southington Sports Hall of Fame series.
Joe Moglia, the former Dartmouth defensive assistant-turned business mogul-turned successful Coastal Carolina coach, is taking a five-month medical leave of absence. In a Coastal release Moglia explains:
For three years now, I have had a bronchial asthmatic reaction to allergies, which causes inflammation around my lungs. The inflammation restricts the lungs, which could create a serious breathing problem.
I want to be clear: I do not have a disease and I am in no danger, but I do need to get this addressed.
Moglia is 51-15 as head coach at Coastal.
From a Dartmouth release:
Buddy Teevens, the Robert L. Blackman Head Football Coach at Dartmouth College, will be at Fenway Park on the night of Monday, July 31 to throw out a ceremonial first pitch before the Boston Red Sox host the Cleveland Indians, which starts at 7:10 p.m.