|Dartmouth graphic (with Bushnell Cup added)|
Princeton linebacker Jeremiah Tyler joins Traynor as a finalist for the Bushnell as the league's outstanding defensive player. On the offensive side Yale quarterback Kurt Rawlings and Brown quarterback EJ Perry are the finalists.
Traynor's list of accomplishments in a Big Green uniform is long and distinguished.
He is just the sixth Dartmouth player to be named All-Ivy League first team for three years running –and has been selected each time unanimously.
Dartmouth's three-time, first-team All-Ivy League selections:
Tom Csatari '74 (1971-73)
Reggie Williams '76 (1973-75)
Zack Walz '98 (1995-97)
Alex Ware '03 (2001-03)
Nick Schwieger '12 (2009-11)
Jack Traynor '19 (2017-19)
More on Traynor's accomplishments courtesy of Dartmouth:
• Campbell Trophy Semifinalist (2019)
• 3-time Division I All-New England Team (2017-19)
• 2-time FCS ADA Academic All-Star (2017-18)
• CoSIDA Academic All-District I (2019)
• 2-time Academic All-Ivy League (2017-18)
• Kenneth Archibald Prize (2018 department award)
• Class of 1948 Scholar Athlete (2017 department award)
• Bob Blackman Award (2018 team award)
• Kenneth T. Young Award (2017 team award)
• 3-time Ivy League Defensive Player of the Week (Oct. 2, 2017; Oct. 7 and Oct. 21, 2019)
• STATS FCS National Defensive Player of the Week honorable mention (Oct. 7, 2019)
Traynor is the first Dartmouth player to captain the Big Green to two nine-win seasons. He finished his career 270 tackles, 11th on the all-time Dartmouth list.
Read a Manchester Union Leader story on Traynor HERE.