Saturday, May 14, 2022

Lookin' Good

Look who showed up in the photo accompanying a story about undrafted players signing with the Houston Texans. Yup, that's wide receiver Drew Estrada, the Dartmouth product who used his final year of eligibility as a grad transfer at Baylor.


The story has a link to the following pre-draft scouting report on Estrada that lists his supposed strengths and weaknesses. (LINK)


#
You've seen this list on BGA previously, but not with head shots. Here are Dartmouth's most-improved award winners from spring ball courtesy of the football program's graphics gurus:




#
EXTRA POINT
This may not mean anything to you but Apple made it official earlier this week that it will no longer produce the iPod. From a MacWorld release (LINK):

The only way to find it now is to deliberately look for it in the Apple Store and few people are likely doing that.

I've been one of those few people because for me, the iPod Touch was perfect. As a journalist it allowed me to record interviews. As a hiker, it allowed me to listen to podcasts and shoot the occasional photo or video.

And as someone who has absolutely no interest in having a cell phone, it allowed me, when WiFi was available, to do everything you can do on a cell phone and never have a bill.

I've had three generations of the iPod Touch, starting with one of the clunky old white ones featuring a scroll wheel but no screen at all.

My last iPod Touch topped out at IOS 9 and wouldn't allow me to download most new apps or upload checks to my bank account. I had been hoping against hope for an updated model but when it became obvious that wasn't going to happen, I did the next best thing.

After That Certain Dartmouth '14 got a new iPhone I saved her the trouble of shoving it into the back of a drawer by taking it off her hands. With a fresh battery installed and its SIM card removed the thing runs the latest IOS, records interview like a champ, takes pictures and videos with a better camera than my old iPod and it does it all without a cell bill.

The iPod Touch is dead, long live the faux iPod Touch!