Friday, May 05, 2006

Wrapping Up the Week

UPDATED with Nick Hartigan news, 10 a.m.: Josh Doherty, a 6-foot-3, 220-pound tight end from Silver Lake Regional in Massachusetts -- Coach Buddy Teevens' old high school -- gets a quick mention in this story. ... Three Ivy League offensive linemen will attend a Cleveland Browns minicamp on a "tryout" basis: Ben Brielmaier of Princeton, Rory Hennessey of Yale and Will Johnson of Harvard. ... Still no word on former Brown tailback Nick Hartigan's pro prospects. I think I'll ask around and see what I can find out. UPDATE: Hartigan hasn't signed with anyone, but he will attend the NY Jets free agent mini-camp on May 12th ... Speaking of the Bears, they'll be holding their spring game tomorrow at 1 p.m.. The blurb on the team web site doesn't go into any detail about that, but does quickly paint a brief picture of what the team may look like next fall. ... If I had to rank the sports sections of the Ivy League newspapers, I'd put Penn's first, Columbia's a distant second and Harvard's third. That said, the Harvard Crimson may well produce the finest features. This story about a "prized offensive line prospect" who came to the United States from Sarajevo in 1995 is another terrific read. ... I'll be at the final scrimmage before the Green-White game this afternoon and will be posting a report tonight. ... It's a busy day as I try to wrap up a couple of projects that actually pay ;-) and try to interest someone else in having me do some contract work for them. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: