Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Call It A Split Decision

I'd have to call this a split decision. Vanilla Penn Stater that I am, I'm not a huge fan of the green pants, but I can live with them if they are worn with white shirts. The green-on-green look is too much for me. With white pants being added to the Dartmouth "wardrobe" next fall, it will be interesting to see how the mix-and-match approach turns out.

This week's poll question goes back to a discussion I had with Buddy Teevens recently about livening up the game-day atmosphere at Memorial Field. He had some music at the Green & White game last spring and it was well received. Neither one of us has a sense of how that would go over on Saturday afternoons in the fall although I've got a hunch I'll share next week when the poll ends.

My big thing, as many of you know, would be to replace the pregame heavy metal/rap songs with traditional college fight songs. I don't think they'd offend anyone, but the heavy metal/rap stuff is a little tough on some ears (mine included).

No comments: