Monday, January 07, 2013

Talented Times Two

The Denton Record-Chronicle has a Q&A of sorts with Dartmouth quarterback Dalyn Williams, and the Ivy League rookie of the year shares something that has been an open secret since fall: He hasn't gotten baseball out of his system yet. Williams had this to say to the newspaper about the idea of possibly returning to the diamond in a Dartmouth uniform:
 I’m thinking about that as well. I’m not sure. I’ve got to talk to coach Teevens and my dad still. Right now, I just don’t know. I want to play, but at the same time, I want to be there in the offseason with the team.


This year-old video about his high school baseball team includes sound clips from Williams, some shots of him in the field and on the bases, and his thoughts a year ago about playing two sports in college at about the 2:35 mark.

Williams was a Dallas Morning News baseball player of the week last April after going 8-for-11 over two games with home runs in each contest.
 •
Colorado linebacker Cannon Wille's plans to play football at Dartmouth are mentioned near the bottom of this wrestling story. Wille is expected to walk on to the Big Green.
That Certain Nittany Lion Freshman is back in State College this morning starting his spring semester. On the way home from dropping him at the bus in East Hartford, Conn., yesterday, Mrs. BGA and I made a side trip to Amherst, Mass., to catch the Dartmouth women's basketball team's hard-fought win over Massachusetts.