Thursday, August 29, 2013

Heading Out To Practice

Alex Park (14) and Dalyn Williams (10) warm up Wednesday.
Dartmouth is set at the top of the depth chart with Dalyn Williams and Alex Park (quarterbacks 1A and 1B in coach Buddy Teevens' lexicon yesterday) but it wasn't that long ago the Big Green and North Carolina high school star Morgan Roberts were flirting with each other.

Roberts ended up going instead to Clemson. After one year with the Tigers he transferred to Yale and is in middle of the scrum (or maybe at the front of it?) to win the starting QB job with the Bulldogs. The New Haven Register has this story about his journey to Yale:
Roberts, who is from Charlotte, N.C., was a third string quarterback for the Tigers. He played in just one game as a redshirt freshman last season, finishing 2-of-3 for 20 yards in a 52-27 victory over Ball State. He was also named Clemson’s Most Improved Player among quarterbacks in during Clemson’s spring practice session in 2012. He completed 14 of 24 passes for 149 yards and a touchdown in the Orange-White spring game. 
Some interesting thoughts from Daily Pennsylvanian writers after the Quakers' media day gathering here.
Practice is at 8:15 this morning so I don't have the time to do my usual surfing for blog material. What's that? I should have gotten up earlier?

Good point. I did but I spent more than an hour this morning reactivating BGA accounts and doing business-side bookkeeping. Not much fun, but so it goes.
I believe I have all the "alerts" now set up. If you signed up for one and don't receive it with tonight's practice report, drop my an email and I'll add it to the list.