Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tuesday Newsday

It was another of those mornings here on the shoulder of Moose Mountain that send me scurrying back into the house to get a camera. Click the photo to enlarge it. That's Killington Mountain in Vermont to the left and Pico Mountain to the right. They are about a 50-mile drive from here.

Authentic, game-worn Dartmouth football jerseys are being auctioned off between now and April 15. CLICK HERE to view the jerseys or make an offer.
College athletics can be a rough business, even in the Ivy League. Paul Cormier is out as the Dartmouth men's basketball coach. Big Green Athletic Director Harry Sheehy quoted in the local daily (LINK):
"I had a sense that the energy had stalled. I’ve been in this profession a long time and it’s just my judgement. I’ll be the first to say that doesn’t mean I’m right, but it’s just what I think."
The Dartmouth release is HERE.

Dartmouth finished 10-18 overall and 4-10 in the Ivy League this year. The Big Green has had the last two Ivy League rookies of the year in Miles Wright and Evan Boudreaux.
Also moving on is Donnie Brooks, who has been named athletic director at Millsaps College. Brooks, hired by Sheehy out of Williams, had been a Dartmouth assistant athletic director for Peak Performance since 2011.
A photo I shot at the 2014 Dartmouth game at Cornell
Cornell has torn down the west stands at Schoellkopf Field. The Daily Sun has a story and photo HERE.