Saturday, July 08, 2017

That's A First



I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this site has never before posted a link to a story about a former Dartmouth football player being selected to head up the Turkish Lacrosse Association ;-)

Chosen for that role is Ryan Danehy, who managed to letter three times as a Big Green longsnapper while starring on the Dartmouth lacrosse team.

Find the story about his appointment HERE. From that story:
Danehy will also take over the reigns as head coach for the senior men’s field team for the upcoming 2018 FIL World Field Lacrosse Championships held in Netanya, Israel next summer.
“I’m honored that the board has elected me president and chairman of the Turkish Lacrosse Association,” said Danehy. “I’m grateful to be a part of such an incredibly passionate and dedicated community of lacrosse fans. I’ve had a passion for growing the game and I couldn’t think of a better opportunity to do it in a country with such close personal ties to me over the last decade.” 
Find a bio from his time as a Dartmouth lacrosse assistant HERE and a profile I did of him HERE.