Lo and behold, when I started looking around for material this morning I stumbled across this from Dartmouth football. Great (and not-so-great) minds apparently think alike ;-) . . .
•Dartmouth coach Buddy Teevens finished 10th in the voting conducted by STATS for the Eddie Robinson FCS Coach of the Year. (LINK)
A national panel of 156 sports information and media relations directors, broadcasters, writers and other dignitaries voted on the Robinson Award following the regular season. Voters selected a Top 5 on their ballot.
The 2019 Eddie Robinson Award results:Of local interest, finishing fifth was former Hartford High School quarterback Ryan McCarthy of Central Connecticut State. Hartford High, of course, is where Michigan defensive coordinator and two-time Dartmouth assistant Donnie Brown got his coaching start.
1. Troy Taylor, Sacramento State: 66-18-14-10-8-472
2. Matt Entz, North Dakota State: 26-30-26-24-12-388
3. Mark Hudspeth, Austin Peay: 13-23-23-21-10-278
4. Kevin Callahan, Monmouth: 16-19-16-18-21-261
5. Ryan McCarthy, Central Connecticut State: 9-19-21-21-16-242
6. Curt Cignetti, James Madison: 4-19-16-14-16-188
7. Greg Gattuso, UAlbany: 7-13-12-9-10-151
8. Scott Wachenheim, VMI: 3-2-5-7-10-62
9. Buddy Pough, South Carolina State: 1-2-6-10-7-58
10. Buddy Teevens, Dartmouth: 2-3-3-7-12-57
11. Bernard Clark Jr., Robert Morris: 5-3-3-4-2-56
12. Nathan Brown, Central Arkansas: 1-5-4-4-9-54
13. Bob Chesney, Holy Cross: 3-0-3-4-6-38
14. Dale Lindsey, San Diego: 0-0-2-2-13-23
15. Connell Maynor, Alabama A&M: 0-0-2-1-4-12
•A writer for the SB Nation Boston College page has a list of 10 coaches Boston College might want to think about for its vacant head coaching position. Now, before you start getting nervous when I tell you Buddy Teevens' name is second on the list, consider that Jim Harbaugh is first and Urban Meyer is last.
The column begins this way: "We are not stalling for a big announcement." And it ends this way: "OK, I think that's enough of this."
In other words, it was a writer with his tongue firmly in his cheek. Find the column HERE.
Interestingly, the list includes another name with a Dartmouth connection: former Big Green defensive back Matt Burke, a 16-year NFL assistant now with the Philadelphia Eagles. Burke is a former defensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins.
In case you are wondering what the column said about Teevens, it was this:
A spry 63 years old and coming off two straight 9 win seasons at Dartmouth—grab him while he’s hot.Green Alert Take: I did tell you the writer was messing around, didn't I? The column was Episode II of the series. Episode I included Holy Cross coach Bob Chesney, who the writer admitted to being clueless about and also mentioned Doug Flutie because, "The only people who want this are Notre Dame fans who want him out of the booth and people who just want to watch the world burn."