Saturday, January 25, 2020

One More Day

Because I'm so used to college football being on Saturday when I went looking to see when Niko Lalos will be playing in the Hula Bowl all-star game on the CBSSports Network I went to tonight's listing. Wrong.

The game will be broadcast tomorrow starting at 10:30 p.m. Set the DVR now ;-)

Oh, and it will be on the CBSSports Network, not CBS per se. For a brief capsule about the game and list of the two dozen or so FCS players who will be playing in it, click HERE.
•
One of the things about moving is it can take along time to open boxes (if they get opened at all)

Cracking open a box several days ago I found a story I wrote as a cub reporter shortly after finishing my master's degree in journalism. Here's a screenshot of the story:

Click story to read.
I offer it up not because it's a great story – it's not and I cringe reading it today – but as a reminder that concerns about the physicality of football are hardly new, as is the thought that it may mean the end of the game.