Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Last Chance For Questions


Thanks to everyone who sent along questions for Dartmouth coach Sammy McCorkle!

I'm still sorting through your emails to find the most interesting questions, so if you have a one you'd like me to ask, it's not too late. Click HERE to send it along.

The only thing I ask is that your questions do not pertain to playing time for individual players.

The BGA Overtime Q&A with coach McCorkle will go up tonight.

#

The Optimist and The Pessimist went up on the Overtime site last night HERE (and I have to admit I'm a little disappointed they took a shot at me).

#

Following up on a recent discussion of Dartmouth football scheduling, the Future Schedules site posted yesterday that Dartmouth will host Central Connecticut in 2030.

With that game set, here's everything we know about Dartmouth's nonconference scheduling between now and 2030:
2027 – Sept. 25 at New Hampshire; Oct. 16 at Central Connecticut 
2028 – Sept. 23 New Hampshire
2029 – Sept. 15 at Towson
2030 – TBA Central Connecticut 

#

Jake Novak, whose Roar Lions Columbia blog has morphed into part of Jake's Takes podcast, has posted his weekly power rankings and, perhaps to the surprise of many, he has 0-2 Dartmouth atop the pile. Here's how he sees the Ivy League entering week three of the season:

1. Dartmouth
2. Harvard
3. Columbia
4. Princeton
5. Cornell
6. Yale
7. Penn

8. Brown

Jake's reasoning:

I know I've got a controversial choice to put at number one. All week I was thinking, or at least three days since the games ended on Saturday, I've been thinking, well, I'll put Dartmouth at number two and tell everyone that I could easily put them at number one, but why bother? I'm going to put them at number one because despite the fact that they're 0-2, the Big Green have played two excellent, excellent opponents. And could have won both of those games.

And . . .

I think that they're going to very much make a statement on Saturday against Penn. And speaking of Penn, this Dartmouth team could be very reminiscent of some Penn teams over the years that used to also have trouble in their early non-conference schedule. 

I can remember especially the 2012 Penn team not being able to win early on in the season in the non-conference schedule, but then doing just enough to win a championship that year. They did that a couple of other times during Al Bagnoli's tenure. And I just think that we could be looking at that again. 

To me, Dartmouth looks like a more complete team than any of the other teams in the league right now, at least after two weeks. 

Check out Jake Novak's full Ivy League power ranking podcast HERE. 

#

As long as the subject is rankings/ratings, here's how Sagarin sees the Ivy League among all DI teams (FBS and FCS) after two weeks (LINK)

140 Harvard
159 Dartmouth
160 Princeton
161 Yale
183 Penn
187 Cornell
198 Brown
208 Columbia

Sagarin has Dartmouth as a six-point favorite at home against Penn ,and Princeton a four-point favorite at Columbia in conference games this week.

#

Another sign of the Apocalypse in college football from an ESPN story:

A former Auburn football staff member has been accused of stealing trade secrets from the Tigers and sending them to their competitors, according to court records.

David Rudolph Jenrath, 24, turned himself into authorities Monday and was charged with theft of trade secrets and computer tampering, which are both felony charges.

Read the full story HERE. 

#

Watched this last night and loved every minute of it. ;-)

Green Alert Take: Still feel a little cheated that the pandemic cost us the chance to see Ben Rice '22 really blossom as a Dartmouth catcher.

#

EXTRA POINT
The low temperature here at our Vermont hillside home yesterday was 57.1 degrees and the overnight low was 52.9. I know this because our new indoor-outdoor thermometer arrived at our PO box yesterday morning and I hooked it up yesterday afternoon. As you may recall if you made it to the extra point last Thursday (LINK) our old thermometer did not survive the little construction crew we had here for a week or so.

The new thermometer is called a "weather station" but that's a little hyperbole. It does add barometric pressure and humidity, but really, it's all about the temperature. It does have a color screen and big numbers you can see from across the room, so there's that.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it to receive the digital time code radioed out from Fort Collins, Colo., because I know it's no 10 p.m. as I write this. ;-)