Friday, September 25, 2026

Ready Or Not

BGA Overtime had its Fearful Forecast picks for this weekend's games last night. Come back tonight for the Dartmouth-Monmouth preview. (LINK)

#

For those thinking about coming to tomorrow game, you are in luck. Although the weather is not going to be what it was last week at Lehigh, neither is it going to be what it will be on the northeast coast. Three different services predict gametime temperature in the mid-60's with the chance of rain at 50 percent or less. The wind should be a gentle 5 mph or so.

#

A reminder that the Harvard-Brown Ivy League season opener will be televised on ESPN2 tonight at 7. The game is being played at Centreville Bank Stadium, a soccer facility in Pawtucket, R.I., and is already sold out although it will be interesting to see the turnout if the predicted weather arrives.

#

Monmouth's game notes have been posted HERE.

Dartmouth's game notes can be found HERE.

#

An outlet that goes by ONNJ has a pretty thorough look at the Monmouth team and this week's game HERE. The piece concludes with this prediction: Monmouth 35, Dartmouth 24.

#

Dartmouth sports information has a brief story on Owen Zalc being named a semifinalist for the Campbell Trophy, aka the Academic Heisman. Find the story HERE.

#

Here's what the Big Green will be wearing Saturday. Click HERE for a quick fashion show from Dartmouth.

Green Alert Take: I'm a traditionalist, but I don't get a vote ;-)

#

EXTRA POINT
We have fluorescent lights in our basement that occasionally decide to come on only dimly. Give them an hour or two, or maybe a day, flip 'em on and they will work like a charm for months. Then rinse and repeat.

We also have fluorescents in our kitchen pantry and the other day it was their turn to go on walkabout. I dutifully went down to the basement and brought up a couple of spare bulbs we bought several years ago. Then I went out and fetched the stepladder from our garage, because our ceilings are very high.

When I started to pry the last cover off the lights they suddenly kicked on, bright as ever. Oops. Because they had been dark I'd forgotten to turn them off.

I  proceeded to turn the lights on and off several times and they worked just like they are supposed to work. They've performed perfectly ever since. Go figure.