Sunday, March 28, 2021

More From The Archives

Following up on yesterday's look at the timeline in Dartmouth football's Crouthamel Lounge today's dip into the BGA photo archives features a look at what's in the display cases below the timeline:






And apart from the timeline is another large trophy case:
Valparaiso completed a season sweep of Butler with a 28-25 win yesterday in the “Battle for the Hoosier Helmet.”  Valpo had defeated the Bulldogs two weeks ago, 24-14, and is now 2-1 on the spring season.

There’s a temptation to make a crack about the lede to the Valparaiso press release but I’ll let it stand on its own (LINK):

For the first time in the history of the storied rivalry, the Valparaiso University football team has beaten Butler twice in the same season.

Sacred Heart is scheduled to play Wagner today at 1 p.m.  

EXTRA POINT
Griff the Wonder Dog sleeps on my side of our bedroom and each morning he waits ever-so-patiently for me to get up and bring him outside to take care of business.

Correction. He waits ever-so-patiently until my hand dangles even the slightest bit off the side of the bed. At that point he wanders over, rubs up against my hand, and starts to whimper. If I bring my hand up and out of site, the whimpering stops completely, he returns to his bed and patiently waits again. But as soon as my hand dangles off the bed again he heads over, rubs against it and whimpers.

This morning when I awoke my hands were out of Griff's site and . . .  nothing. But when I opened one eye to take a peek at him he immediately started to whimper. I closed my eye to see what would happen and the whimpering stopped. I opened my eye again and voilĂ , more whimpering.

Experiment over, I climbed out of bed and brought him outside.

It doesn't make Griff a Norman Einstein or anything, but I found it interesting that the handsome fella in the picture up there in the right-hand column absolutely has me figured out.