Thursday, December 28, 2023

Portal Talk

A Villanova sports site has a Q&A with Dartmouth defensive lineman Hank Knez, who clearly likes Nova but is still mulling his offers. He feels his time in Hanover has set him up nicely for his next stop. From the story (LINK):

Before my time at Dartmouth I was never really coached how to play defensive line. Over my five years there I learned a ton about playing d-line and developed more than I thought I could. Coach Brooks did a terrific job molding me into a successful player and laid a good foundation for Coach Pennypacker to build off of. We also won three Ivy League Championships in my time at Dartmouth, which taught me a lot. I learned how hard it is to win every week, the culture you have to build to win, and how much work goes into winning every week, especially in a competitive conference like the Ivy League when anyone can win any game. That's one thing that really excites me about Villanova, they have established that winning culture and put in the work to have championship teams.

Knez also offers up thoughts on each of the schools that has offered him, including New Hampshire, Maine, Elon, Murray State, Samford, Robert Morris, Illinois State, Lamar, Butler and Ball State.

#

Dartmouth defensive back Onye Onuoha has added an offer from Butler of the Pioneer Football League.

#

A standout baseball and football player from Michigan still has another year of high school but is weighing which sports to pursue at the college level and where to pursue it. From a Michigan Prep Baseball report story about outfielder Jaden Pydyn, who ran for 20 touchdowns and more than 1,000 yards last fall (LINK):

“A good education, like Northwestern or Dartmouth,” Pydyn explained. “I want to go somewhere that I love the environment, the non-sports side of things.” 

And . . .

“As a two-sport athlete I’m keeping all my options open,” the 6-1 200-pounder noted. “Football recruiting is also opening for me. I don’t have any visits set up for football yet, but I’ve been invited to spring practice at Eastern Michigan and Boston College, and Dartmouth also wants to see me on campus."

#

WCAX TV in Burlington, Vt., has a Year in Review for the region's colleges that has almost 30 seconds on Dartmouth football. It begins with a sad reminder but ends with the Ivy League title. Watch the full report HERE.


#

EXTRA POINT
We have had a houseful of guests for the past several days and while it doesn't happen often, we've been completely fogged in since they arrived. Not only didn't we have any Christmas snow to share, but those who hadn't been here before might think the gorgeous views we talk about are a myth. I finally pulled up a photo to show them what they were missing. ;-)