Friday, January 26, 2024

This And That

Defensive back Cam Maddox who had 21 tackles and an interception last fall, has Xweeted his grad transfer destination:

#

And this from the True North about the Dartmouth's former Bushnell Cup winner as the Ivy League's outstanding defensive player:

#

Seitu Smith, who was briefly the director of player personnel at Dartmouth, is continuing his tour of the Ivy League as offensive coordinator and QB coach at Columbia. Smith played at Harvard, was on the Dartmouth staff, then served as QB coach at Brown, and most recently was assistant head coach/run game coordinator at Yale. Find his Columbia bio HERE.

#

Speaking of player personnel, Dartmouth's Danny O'Dea has shifted into a new role from running backs coach. His Xwitter account now reads:

21X IVY League Champions // Director of Recruiting

#

Craig Haley, the FCS director for The Analyst, has this about former Dartmouth opponent Sacred Heart and 2024 foe Merrimack:

Sacred Heart will play as an FCS independent this fall after moving into the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, which doesn’t sponsor football.

Merrimack, which like SHU is making the same move out of the Northeast Conference, could have a similar landing spot.

#

EXTRA POINT
I don't know about you but I've gotten pretty sick of the commercial with the apparently famous actress I'd never heard of wearing that poofy white jacket. That thing is played over and over and over. I've worked so hard to forget it that I had to Google to find out it's for a cell service.

The first time I saw the actress wearing that absurd jacket I was reminded about my own dark blue Michelin Man jacket. When I have it on it looks a little like I pulled the pin to inflate it with a CO2 cylinder like you would with a life vest on an airplane.

OK, it's a funny looking but I'm here to tell you it is w-a-r-m. Which is why my overinflated jacket is on a hanger in a storage closet down in our basement. I haven't worn it in more than two years because I haven't needed it any more than that actress needs her marshmallow jacket out in LA. You can question climate change if you want, but the Michelin Man jacket I used to wear all the time tells a different story.