Good on Lehigh sports information for getting notes for Saturday's game against Dartmouth out early in the week. From those notes, which you can find HERE:
Lehigh and Dartmouth are meeting for just the ninth time, with the Big Green serving as Lehigh’s least-played Ivy League opponent. The Mountain Hawks lead the series 5-3 with the Big Green visiting Goodman Stadium for the first time in nearly 30 years.
Green Alert Take: Time flies. I covered that last visit to Goodman.
#
From a story carried by the USA Today wire about Rhode Islanders playing college football this fall (LINK):
Green Alert Take: That's fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Not because I'm a parent of a former Dartmouth College athlete, but because I've been a sports editor at a daily newspaper and I know what it's like to make a careless error and have someone call you on it.#
WATCH: Sleepy Hollow (NY) might have the coolest mascot in all of high school football 🐎👻
— Rivals High School (@RivalsHS) September 15, 2026
Imagine seeing this as the opposing team…
(via @Horsemen_Sports) pic.twitter.com/GLdGbN0mAo
Green Alert Take: I've got to agree, the "headless horseman" is an awesome mascot and this is a spectacular way to lead the team onto the field. Move over Bevo and Ralphie the Buffalo.
Green Alert Take II: Sleepy Hollow, by the way, is the high school that sent Dartmouth football captain, baseball catcher and longtime broadcaster Wayne Young '72 to Hanover.
Green Alert Take III: Should have mentioned Kevin Young '77, co-captain of the '76 team and a talented member of Dartmouth's wrestling team.
#
From Dartmouth athletics: Moore Family Endows Leadership And Mental Performance Position With Dartmouth Athletics And Teevens Center For Peak Performance. Find the story HERE.
EXTRA POINT
Here's something I've been reminded of over the first three days while we've had a crew doing outdoor repairs on our house:
Water wins. Insects infiltrate.
Although this is a well-built, 20-year-old custom home, you know you are in for a big project when the owner of the construction firm puts up a canopy tent and tells you he's having a porta-potty delivered. For the record, we told him not to bother because his workers are free to use our downstairs bathroom.
For my part, after looking through upstairs windows at fellows on ladders wielding hammers and nail guns to deal with wood rot, I've packed up my computer and retreated to the basement with noise-canceling headphones on my head and Griff the Wonder Dog by my side.