Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Little More on the New Captains

The official Dartmouth release is out on new captains Mike Rabil and Preston Copley. Green Alert Take: Coach Buddy Teevens was pleased that a lot of players got votes for captain. It shows, he said, that the team has a lot of leaders. As I usually do, I tried to guess before the voting who would get the nod. Last year I correctly pegged Josh Dooley and Anthony Gargiulo. This year I had an inkling that Copley would be one of the two. Rabil was a bit of a surprise, not because he doesn't deserve it; he does. But because it's a little out of the ordinary for a fifth-year senior to be captain. I think the players chose well. I also like Coach Teevens' idea of electing representatives of each class to serve as liaisons to the coaching staff.

... Incoming recruit Jonathan Summers, who looked every bit of the 6-foot-5, 315 pounds he is listed at when he was in town from Los Angeles last weekend, has been named to the CalHiSports.com All-State Grid-Track Team. Find a capsule about Jonathan here. ... The Daily Dartmouth had a breakdown of this year's admissions and wrote, "women dominate the largest ever proportion of the incoming class at 51.6 percent with 35 more women currently planning to enroll than men." ... And for those of you who commiserated with me Saturday about missing my son's Little League game (I'm co-coaching the Hanover Green Machine) they apparently didn't miss me. They won 12-0 with my son hitting a homer, double and single in four trips. (Kind of sorry about missing his first HR, actually.) The Green Machine, by the way, improved to 4-0 last night with a showdown against the Hanover Maroon SeaWolves looming Thursday evening. ;-)

No comments: