|Dartmouth coach Buddy Teevens addresses the Friends of Football meeting Saturday at the Hanover Inn as Byron Anderson, chairman of the group, and the MVP look on.|
A few nuggets from Saturday's meeting of the Friends of Dartmouth Football . . .
• The new FieldTurf system for Memorial Field should arrive this week and will take about three weeks to fully install. The rubber infill (pellets) will be encapsulated in Dartmouth green, helping them blend into the field from above. "Low-spray" technology will keep more of the pellets on the field and out of shoes, shirts and washing machines ;-)
• The new indoor practice facility will be a full-width field stretching 70 yards with a 10-yard end zone and goal post at that end. Plans call for the 56,000-square foot facility to have inside clearance of 62.5 feet.
• The indoor facility should take 12 months to complete after final approval from the town, meaning if work begins this fall it should be available for the start of the 2017 season.
• Version 2.0 of the football program's website will debut this summer. (LINK)
• Dartmouth has made provisional "offers" to a record number of prospective recruits.
• After not having a quarterback on campus last summer, Dartmouth has quarterbacks 1A and 1B both in town this summer in sophomore Bruce Dixon IV and junior Jack Heneghan both here.