Saturday, June 10, 2017

99 Days

On the eve of graduation. . . .

We're into double figures ;-) There are just 99 days until Dartmouth's opener at Stetson on Sept. 16.
Speaking of commencement, graduating punter Ben Kepley is quoted this way in a story in The Dartmouth under the headline, Senior student-athletes reflect on their Dartmouth careers:
“Being a student-athlete at Dartmouth has been an incredible experience for me. It has taught me the value of hard work and dedication as well as how to budget my time effectively. More importantly, perhaps, is that playing football here allowed me to meet some amazing people with whom I know I will be lifelong friends."
Former Dartmouth defensive back and now Miami Dolphins' defensive coordinator Matt Burke's penchant for dramatic vacations – like summiting 19,340-foot Mount Kilimanjaro – is the subject of a story in the Palm Beach Post. From the story:
He may be the only man in NFL history who has coached Bengals and Lions (in Cincinnati and Detroit) and vacationed with Bengals and lions (in Asia and Africa).
I'm not sure FBS players should be paid but something is very much out of whack when football programs are putting in slides to get to their players to the weight room and bunk bed cubbies for them to take naps. Check it out here.