Trailing at the half, 33-10, Dartmouth put together the biggest comeback Yale had allowed to that point to post the highest scoring tie in college football history to that point. The video opens with "Will Bill" McCall's 92-yard kickoff return for a touchdown and closes with "Air Mail" Morton's game-tying 34-yard field goal at the end.
Several thoughts after viewing the video . . .
• Not being able to easily tell which team is which helps explain why, with the advent of televised football on black-and-white screens, one team generally wore white and one team wore a color.
• I'll take No. 40 on my team today. Terrific wheels and surprisingly shifty.
• My how the crowds at Ivy League football have changed (although the empty Yale Bowl end zone looks familiar ;-)
• Either hash marks didn't exist or they were really, really wide. Check out where the ball is snapped at the 34-second mark.
• The passing is a little haphazard, as it always seems to be looking back, but there was no lack of big plays or athleticism in this game. You can almost feel the excitement.
•Huge thanks to those who have already signed up for the 2019 cycle of Big Green Alert Premium. It is thanks to your subscription fees and kindness that BGA Premium and BGA Daily are able to continue.
A reminder that new content will be posted seven days a week, starting Aug. 15 when the opponent preview series kicks off.
So far the new sign-up procedure is working smoothly. Please note that the process of choosing a password begins only after you hear back from me. Find a little more about BGA Premium in this earlier posting.
Thanks as always!