Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Closing In On It

Previews for Lehigh, Monmouth and Merrimack are now up on BGA Overtime. Look for previews of Brown, Columbia and Cornell – all returning their starting quarterbacks – tonight. Princeton and Penn will go up tomorrow, with Harvard and Yale on Friday. Then it's on to coverage of Dartmouth's preseason practice.

#

FCS Football Central on SI has a piece headlined Summer Scouting: Top FCS Safety Prospects To Watch In The 2027 NFL Draft and there's a familiar name near the top of the list. Actually, two of them. From the posting (LINK):

• Best Deep Safety: Harrison Keith
• Best Box Safety: Rex Connors
• Best Hybrid Defender: Abu Kamara
• Best Coverage Safety: Harrison Keith
• Best Ball Hawk: Harrison Keith
• Best Run Defender: Rex Connors
• Best Tackler: Rex Connors
• Best Athlete: Abu Kamara
• Best Football IQ: Harrison Keith
• Most Versatile: Abu Kamara
• Most Underrated: Caden Dowler
• Highest Ceiling: Joshua Tarver
• Most NFL-Ready: Abu Kamara

Harrison Keith, of course, is a Dartmouth senior. Abu Kamara is a Yale standout. 

#

Speaking of Dartmouth safeties, this is a weird one. Sean Williams, who Harrison Keith referred to during the Ivy League media day as one of his mentors when he was a young player, has been added to the Arkansas roster.

What's that you say? Didn't he participate in a Tennessee Titans regional tryout? Yup.

This is from a lengthy story on 247Sports (LINK):

Williams, 5-9, 190, was a three-time All-Ivy League selection with 11 career interceptions and had a minicamp tryout with the Titans, but the ruling from a Colorado judge allowed him to return to school and transfer to Fayetteville ahead of the upcoming season.

If you can't access that story, you can read more about Williams heading to the Hogs HERE.

Green Alert Take: Just when I start to think the rules about college sports participation can't get any stranger, they get stranger.

#

On the subject of grad transfers, this shot of former Dartmouth tight end Chris Corbo is from Georgia Tech's social media with a story headlined, Corbo, Haynes Tabbed As Top-100 2027 NFL Draft Prospects (LINK).


#

Dartmouth has announced that NESN (New England Sports Network) will broadcast the Big Green's Oct. 17 football game against Merrimack from Memorial Field. It's part of a three-sport package of Dartmouth broadcasts that includes the women's soccer game against Holy Cross on Sept. 10, and the men's soccer game vs. UMass on Oct. 13. Find a story out of Dartmouth HERE.

#

EXTRA POINT
Did I ever tell you that back when it had the gold standard of sports pages, I was offered a job at the Burlington Free Press? For a variety of reasons, I was on the fence about taking the job.

In fact, I was so back-and-forth about the position that, believe it or not, what made up my mind to turn the offer down was learning that I would have to buy a monthly permit to park near the office. I wasn't going to move to Vermont only to have to pay to park like I was in New York City. Not in Vermont!

What made me think about that was reading today that White River Junction is going to have paid parking from now on. With that I realized that depending on how far she is willing to walk, Mrs. BGA is going to have to pay to park when she volunteers as the diabetes educator at the Good Neighbor Health Clinic.

And I wouldn't pay to buy parking for a job that I actually got paid for!

But everything turned out fine, of course. If I'd taken the job up in Burlington, there would have been no BGA, no Mrs. BGA, and you would never have heard of That Certain Dartmouth '14, That Nittany Lion '16 or Griff the Wonder Dog. ;-)