Former Dartmouth quarterback Jared Gerbino '20, who had success playing pro football in Italy after graduation, will represent that nation as a receiver on its flag football team when the sport makes its Olympic debut in Los Angeles in 2028. He even thinks Italy will make it to the gold medal game.
Find a story as well as an edited version of this video HERE.
(And thanks to Google Translate for the headline help. ;-)
#
A reminder that Saturday's noon kickoff between Dartmouth and Yale in New Haven will be carried nationally on ESPNU. Eric Frede and Jack Ford will be the broadcast team. An audio broadcast of the game will be available with Matt Corsetti on the call.
#
The Massey ratings system correctly predicted a four-point Dartmouth victory over Penn last week. It was off on the final score, however, picking Dartmouth to win 28-24 when the final was 14-10.
Looking forward a week ago, Massey had Dartmouth falling to Yale, 31-24, with 71 percent confidence. After last week's games, the system sees the same score but has raised its confidence level on the pick to 72 percent.
The one significant change on Massey's part regarding the rest of the Dartmouth season is against Princeton in Week 8. Last week it had Dartmouth beating the Tigers, 24-23, with 50 percent confidence, making the game a tossup. This week it sees Princeton winning that contest, 24-21, with 58 percent confidence.
#
While we're at it, Sagarin has Yale as a five-point favorite over the Big Green Saturday. Here's how Sagarin ranks the Ivy League this week (LINK):
Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Cornell
Dartmouth
Penn
Brown
Columbia
#
If you want a sneak peek at Dartmouth's next two opponents, check out highlights from last week's Yale-Merrimack game HERE.
#
There's nothing you probably don't already know here, but this went up a few days ago and you may still find it interesting:
#
And finally, a good friend shared a link to a story that is worth checking out. Find the piece headlined The Easter Egg Hidden in Michigan’s Football Jerseys; Gerald Ford almost quit the team over the mistreatment of a black player, and the jerseys nod to it HERE.
#
EXTRA POINT
I may have mentioned this before, but my electric lawn tractor turned stubborn about a month ago and these days chooses to go backwards only. With the growing season winding down, I figured there was no hurry getting it serviced, so instead I've held off while I've been researching a potential switch to a new type of battery that would dramatically improve the tractor's run time next year.
Unfortunately, my assumption that the growing season was pretty much over proved a little optimistic. Twice in the past month I had to pull out my walk-behind mower and spend long hours cutting the lawn. Yesterday I broke out the walk-behind and cut the grass for what I seriously hope is one last time. Helping pass the time, I had a few podcasts lined up and I listened to every last one of them before I could put the mower away.
Out of curiosity, when I came inside I checked the steps app on my iPod. Wondering how accurate it was, I jumped on my laptop, plugged in the numbers, and asked two different AI engines how far I would have had to walk behind a 21-inch-wide mower to cut my entire lawn. Both AI results were in lockstep with what my iPod said.
Cutting my entire lawn – which I should mention is relatively hilly – I pushed my John Deere walk-behind mower ±7 miles. So yeah, I'll be having the tractor worked on this winter.