Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Vote Early, Vote Often

 


Admit it. After looking this over, you HAVE to click HERE to find out what the former Dartmouth defensive line coach is up to, right?

Green Alert Take: I don't really understand, but Coach Brooks got my vote. ;-)

#

To be completely honest, I haven't spent much time looking over the Sting data-driven breakdowns of Dartmouth and its opponents and I can't vouch for what they purport to show. That said, here's a graphic from the site about the upcoming Dartmouth-Yale game that may tease you into checking it out. Click HERE to investigate.


#

Roar Lions podcaster Jake Novak updated his Ivy League power rankings after last week's games and they look like this (LINK):
Dartmouth
Harvard
Yale
Princeton
Cornell
Penn
Columbia
Brown
Green Alert Take: I have to admit that when I saw Jake was ranking the teams again I was pretty sure he'd have Harvard at No. 1. I just thought the undefeated Crimson sneaking past then-No. 20/22 Colgate would push them past a Dartmouth team that improved to 1-2 with a hard-fought win over 1-2 Penn.

#

Yahoo has a story headlined Several Ivy League Grads Making Their Mark In The FBS that centers around TCU quarterback Jaden Craig and UCF safety Ty Bartrum, former Harvard teammates who faced each other on Sept. 26.

The story also includes this from Dartmouth grad  DJ Crowther '26, now tearing it up as the lead running back at South Florida (LINK):
"Coming out of high school, (players) can go to the Ivy League, get their degree and then transfer. It is something that definitely could put more eyes on the Ivy League. Over the past few years there have been a lot of Ivy League players that have gone to the FBS level and are doing well."

Green Alert Take: The headline is a little misleading. There are more than "several" Ivy League grads making their mark in the FBS.

#

A bio of ESPN writer Hallie Grossman just surfaced HERE and it deserves a mention because of this paragraph (italics are mine):

In 2026, her in-depth profile on WNBA star Sophie Cunningham was one of the most-read and shared pieces on ESPN.com of the year. Among other sports figures she has written features on: football players Saquon Barkley, Jared Goff, Fernando Mendoza and Trevor Lawrence; boxer Katie Taylor and Nebraska women’s volleyball head coach Dani Busboom Kelly. She also has written about the successful Oklahoma softball program, and one of her favorite pieces was a story on Dartmouth football and then-coach Buddy Teevens.

That sent me scurrying to find the story, which you can find HERE.

#

EXTRA POINT
You've seen variations of this theme before, but now that our beloved '84 VW bus is rolling again, I drove it over to our nearby lake to write yesterday's piece for BGA Overtime. My mobile office has no phone, no fridge, no pooch, no toys and no other distractions except for the view, which is ideal for a writer. With the sun shining brightly, even on a 50-degree afternoon it was perfectly comfortable.