Monday, September 07, 2026

Literally, A Look At The Freshman Class

Dartmouth's second and final scrimmage of the preseason is on tap today. There will be full coverage on BGA Overtime tonight.

In the meantime, check out last night's OT practice report for thoughts from head coach Sammy McCorkle about what might be the deepest "room" on the team at this point, and which "room" most needs to prove itself. Interestingly, one "room" shows up in both areas. Click HERE to read more.

#

With no news to report this morning, here's a flip-card of freshman faces drawn from the Dartmouth football home page. Click the graphic for a closer look.


While we're at it, here is an updated list of the freshmen with heights and weights per the Dartmouth website.

As is usually the case, a few players came in an inch – or in one case two inches – shorter in the offofficial measurements. The biggest weight gainers are, not surprisingly, on the offensive line where  Mikey McMahon was 290 on the earlier BGA list but comes in at 314. Brody OL McLeod was 280 in the BGA listing and is at 305. And Nick Schenkel is an inch taller at 6-5, and 15 pounds heavier at 285, than BGA originally had him.

Per the Dartmouth website:
• LB Ayomide Adeniyi, 6-3, 227
• WR Blake Betette, 5-11, 181
• LB JJ Bolz, 6-1, 220
• DB David Brown III, 6-1, 164
• QB Jack Cannon, 6-2, 205
• OL Tim Church, 6-4, 283
• S George Duggins, 6-3, 205
• DL August Dupree, 6-3, 230
• DE/TE Quinn Enguita, 6-4, 237
• WR Kareem Fisher, 6-2, 185
• RB Jacob Henry, 5-11, 192
• LS Will Hester, 6-0, 216
• LB Tim Ioane Jr., 6-1, 218
• DB Emory Jones, 6-1, 184
• LB Gavin King, 6-3, 236
• WR George Loop, 5-11, 174
• DL Will Maloof, 6-5, 196
• DB Trey McFadden, 6-2, 191
• OL Brody McLeod, 6-4, 305
• OL Mikey McMahon, 6-4, 314
• OL Jake Namnum, 6-2, 282
• K Tanner Pidwell, 6-2, 175
• DB James Rush, 5-10, 190
• TE Ayden Sadler, 6-5, 215
• OL Nick Schenkel, 6-5, 285
• DL Roman Sosnovyy, 6-3, 250
• DL Harlem Taylor, 6-1, 281
#

EXTRA POINT
Sometime in the last few years I made the switch from good ol' cow's milk to drinking almond "milk." That Certain Dartmouth '14, who knows all about this stuff from living in the west, has reminded me about how much water it takes to produce almonds, and I can appreciate that. But that's not what I'm getting at today.

Yesterday I opened a new gallon of almond milk. I'm here to tell you that's something I do not look forward to doing because under the cap they seal the container with what our AI friends describe as an "induction seal liner—a thin, multilayer laminate."

Whatever, it looks like stiff aluminum foil to me, and it is a royal headache to get off. Yesterday I had to use a pair of pliers, which of course ripped the thing. That being the case, I had to carefully peel the shreds off the jug opening while making sure not to have any of them slip into the jug.

Look, I understand post Tylenol why companies seal things for safety. But I'm here to tell you that the producers of the almond milk I prefer have gone way overboard. I actually thought it was me until Mrs. BGA admitted yesterday that she has the same frustration with the containers.